Sexually Transmitted Diseases Check Your Symptoms, Signs and Treatments
Sexually transmitted diseases are proving to be a matter of great concern today. It represents a major health risk giving potentially serious complications. It is a matter of great fear for people and especially the women. This disease if left untreated can cause severe harm to reproductive system of women. It is also a major factor causing cervical, vaginal and vulvar cancer. Though there are lot many vaccines available today but they too are able to treat STD’s at an earlier stage. Early diagnosis can help address any infections that may cause to loose fertility in future.
Sexually transmitted diseases not only affect women but are also the reason behind male infertility.
Some common STD’s are -
- Chlamydia – This is a common disease that can infect both men and women. It usually result in permanent damage to women reproductive system and causes severe difficulties in pregnancy. Men suffering from this disease can experience burning sensations, discharge from penis, swelling in testicles etc.
- Gonorrhea – This disease pass from person to person through unprotected sexual activities. Women are at higher risk as compared to men. Untreated infection with gonorrhea in women may rise up the female reproductive tract and involve the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
- Syphilis –This is the most severe type sexually transmitted disease and can cause long term complications if not treated properly.Syphilis can also affect the eye and can lead to permanent blindness.
- AIDS - AIDS (Acquired immune deficiency syndrome) is a condition caused by a virus called HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus).HIV is a virus that gradually attacks the immune system, which is our body’s natural defense against illness.
- Mycoplasma Genitalium – It causes inflammation in the urethra (urethritis) both in men and women, which is associated with discharge in the urinary tract, and burning while urinating. It can be treated with the help of antibiotics.
- Trichomoniasis – This is the most common and curable disease.Men with trichomoniasis may feel itching, irritation, burning or ejaculation. Women with trichomoniasis may notice itching, burning, redness or soreness of the genitals, discomfort with urination, or a thin discharge.
- Genital herpes – It is caused due to herpes simplex virus.There are medicines that can prevent or shorten outbreaksand makes it less likely that you will pass the infection on to your sex partner.
Maintaining long term monogamous sex relation, using precautions, avoiding casual sex are the best ways to reduce the risk of such diseases. Although, visiting a sexologist in Delhi can help you treat it effectively without any risk. STD's are usually treated by antibiotics or antiviral drugs. Parasitic infections like syphilis, chlamydia, AIDS, gonorrhea, etc., are easy to treat with antibiotics. Antiviral drugs are suggested for treating infections like herpes, etc. It is vital to take necessarydose as suggested by doctors.